Friday 21 June 2013

OOTD & FOTD - Father's day meal





Me and eleven other members of my family went out for sunday dinner on Father's day to celebrate it with my Dad, Grandad and all my Uncles and their families. It was really lovely and I was happy with the outfit I picked. 

The Denim jacket is from Zara and is a pale denim colour. There is a zip but I think it is mainly for detail as I would only wear the jacket unzipped.

The Dress was a brilliant bargain I picked up in the H&M sale about a year ago. It was only something ridiculous like £3.99 or maybe less and it is perfect for so many occasions as I also like wearing it for sixth form.

The shoes are a pair of browney-grey (not sure what the actual colour name is) flatform style shoe which I actually bought a long time ago, before they came into fashion and they were from Marks and Spencer. I have tiny feet that sometimes struggle to fit into size 3 shoes so whenever I find a pair that I like and fit me I just have to get them! They also go with so many different things but mainly I like wearing them with dresses.

The necklace which is pictured above is from Topshop and it is like neon bunting which I love! I like wearing this to brighten up an outfit, for example my school clothes have to fit in with the colour scheme of black and grey 'smart wear' so I use it to inject a bit of colour. I seem to get quite a few compliments on it as well which is always nice!




I am sorry about the not-great quality of the makeup look as I am so new to this and I didn't realise the makeup wasn't very clear until I had took it off so I'll describe it in detail for you instead!

Face: On my face I wore Max factor lasting performance foundation in100 fair (the palest colour) and the collection 200 lasting perfection concealer in fair (also the palest colour) with the Rimmel clear complexion translucent powder to set.

Cheeks: On my cheeks I am wearing a matte Rimmel Bronzer (which I can't find a link for) and the Collection 2000 shimmer shades blush quad and I used the pinkier two of the four colours. I also used the 17 instant glow shimmer brick in pink bronze on the very tops of my cheekbones.

Eyes: I used the urban decay primer potion as a base. The eyeshadows I used were all from the Urban Decay naked basics palette  the colours I used were; venus, the lightest and also the only shimmery shadow in the palette in the inner corner and on the brow bone. Then I use, W.O.S which is a skin colour to even out my lid. Naked two, a light brown colour goes on the outer corner of the lid and the darkest brown in the palette, faint goes in the crease. I put a tiny bit of crave which is a black shadow in the crease also just to give a bit more depth. 
Then I used a brown eyeliner from avon just on the lower lash line but only on the outer half of it.
 I also created a thickish line with a flick using maybelline gel eyeliner in black and finally applied 17 Doll'd up mascara in black on the top lashes.

For lips I simply applied Lanolips and then Topshop lip stick in all about me to create a lip that wasn't completely matte.

I hope this was enjoyable and I am going to brainstorm some ideas of how to make this less rambly next time....  







No comments:

Post a Comment