Friday 26 July 2013

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips











I joined the waiting list for Maybelline Baby Lips about a week ago and on Wednesday when I received the email telling me that they had arrived to boots I rushed onto the website like my life depended on it! Then to my excitement I saw that they were 3 for 2 meaning that I could get three for only £5.98! I decided that I would get my order sent to a store so I would have free delivery and this afternoon I went to pick them up. 


There are six to choose from, three tinted and three without colour but that contain SPF. I chose the tinted ones as I already have a lot of regular lip balms. The packaging for all of them is really bold and fun, they'll look great when you have to get them out of your bag to top them up through the day!

Peach Kiss

I was a bit surprised when I opened this as I thought the actual colour of the balm would be peach but instead it is a very light shimmery brown however when it is on the lips it looks great. It isn't super pigmented but it gives a nice subtle sheen to the lips. It would be perfect to compliment a really natural makeup look or with a smokey eye for a nude lip with a touch of gloss. The smell is a really nice true peach scent.

Pink Punch

Pink punch is a pretty light pink colour. I think this is the colour that I'll probably use the most as it will just be perfect to pop in my school bag and reapply throughout the day. I think it will go with pretty much all looks and it smells super yummy and fruity too.

Cherry Me

This was probably the colour I was the least impressed with as I was expecting it to look quite red on the lips but it was really just a dark pink. It did look ok in the end (after quite a few layers on the lips!) although it probably helps me that I have quite naturally pigmented lips anyway so all the colours appear darker on me. The smell was a traditional cherry lip balm scent and was also great!


(L-R) Peach Kiss, Pink punch, cherry me

         

             Overall I am extremely happy with all of the Maybelline Baby Lips that I have tried and I am sure I will use them regularly. If you just want a tinted lip balm rather than a lipstick then I would really recommend these, they're sheer but not invisible and they taste great too!







2 comments:

  1. They are really nice, I can't get enough of them, I wore Pink Punch today! x

    ReplyDelete