Sunday 21 July 2013

Top Summer Lip Products 2013


Lipsticks are probably my most purchased makeup, I just love how they can change and enhance your look completely. Summer is a time when you can get away with super bright pinks, corals and glosses and no-one bats an eyelid so here are my favourites from summer 2013. 

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter - Tutti Fruiti

This lip butter is probably the epitome of summer lips. Its balmy, it's coral and most of all it's fabulous! It's a really bright orangey-coral which looks amazing with so many skin colours. It goes on like a dream and doesn't feel too heavy or sticky and it is one of my most favourite lipsticks EVER! 



 Clinique Chubby Sticks - [L-R] Super Strawberry,  Mega Melon, Woppin' / Whooping Watermelon (name has changed since I purchased) 

I bought a set of three chubby sticks a while ago in duty free before I went on holiday and I am really glad I did. They give a really nice sheer wash of colour that is perfect for summertime but these colours could be worn all year round as well. They are very pricey individually so getting a gift-set worked out cheaper. Also, they were the first 'lip-balm style lipstick' around so now there are lots of similar products out there that are cheaper such as the revlon just bitten balm stains.


Revlon Matte Lipstick - Mauve over it

This is my go to lipstick this summer. It is new, as it was featured in my latest haul but I have worn it so much. It is a 'my lips but better lipstick and it goes well with so many looks and would still look good even in the winter. If you have quite pigmented lips and you struggle to find a nude lipstick then this is the one for you. 


Burt's Bees rejuvenating lip balm - Acai berry scented

I tend to use this lip balm every night before I go to sleep and during the day if I'm not wearing anything else on my lips. This one is in berry flavour and I also have mango, which I keep in my school bag and a beeswax one which I gave to my Mum. I find them quite moisturising but the main reason I like them is for the scents! I like to keep them somewhere warm, like a window-sill so they are softer and easy to apply.




                                  
1) Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter - Tutti Fruiti
2) Clinique Chubby Stick - Super strawberry 
3) Clinique Chubby Stick - Mega melon
4) Clinique Chubby Stick - Woppin' watermelon (now whooping watermelon)
5) Revlon Matte lipstick - Mauve over it
6) Single Burt's Bee's rejuvenating lip balm - Acai berry or a tinned trio of lip balms which is what I have (has no colour so no swatch)







2 comments:

  1. i really want to try the lip butter in tutti fruiti! :)

    i'm now following you xxx

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it, it's a great colour!

      I've already followed you back hehe xx

      Delete